This 40-minute meal is completely vegetarian and an ideal dinner dish or second course to any protein-based entree. It also packs in plenty of benefits from the veggies, herbs, and spices—all are a great source of anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidants. Impress your family (or guests) with this tasty satay.
The recipe serves six people as a second course or four people as a main dish—you pick. Read on for the step-by-step directions on how to make flavor-packed zucchini spaghetti noodles.
Low-Carb Zucchini Satay
Dietary Info:Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Prep Time:15 min.
Cook Time:25 min.
Total Time:40 min.
1 red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 can jackfruit
1 cup vegetable broth
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons paprika
2 cups eggplant
1 cup cauliflower
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 bags of zucchini spaghetti
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped cilantro
1. In a medium sauté pan, add sliced onions and 2 tablespoons avocado oil and sauté for five minutes.
2. Add the jackfruit (drained and cut into small pieces) to the pan and sauté.
3. After five minutes, add the vegetable broth, turmeric, and paprika. Cover and simmer until jackfruit gets a bit tender, about 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
4. Add the eggplant and sauté for 10 minutes or until eggplant is cooked through/tender to fork.
5. Chop the cauliflower to desired size and sauté until tender.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the salt and pepper.
7. Finally, pour over the zucchini noodles. Top with the cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.