While Kourt is back on keto, she’s sharing some of her summer meals and snacks she learned from Chef Sara. We already shared how to make keto-friendly cheesecake (so. damn. good.) and below, we’re walking you through what you need to make cauliflower, low-carb pizza crust. The recipe makes for a tasty midday snack, lunch, or dinner meal.
Cue the pizza night with your friends and serve up this deliciously healthy dish for your guests—and don’t forget to prep the keto-friendly dessert, too. See the step-by-step instructions on how to make Chef Sara’s cauliflower pizza crust.
Gluten-free, carb-free, keto cauliflower pizza crust
Recipe Type:Gluten-free, low carb
Prep Time:10-15 min.
Cook Time:30 min.
Total Time:40-45 min.
For pizza crust:
2 cups grated cauliflower or cauliflower rice
2 cups grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
Pinch of salt
For pizza topping:
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded mixed cheddar and Colby cheese
1/2 cup julienned basil
1 cup fresh baby mozzarella (or sliced fresh mozzarella)
A few fresh whole basil leaves for garnish
Olive oil for drizzle
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Sauté the grated cauliflower or cauliflower rice in a pan on medium-low heat for about 5 to 10 minutes. Include a pinch of salt to evaporate the extra moisture out of the vegetables.
3. Remove the cauliflower from the pot into a bowl. Add the grated Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic powder, and turmeric and mix well.
4. Form the cauliflower dough into desired pizza crust shape (circular or rectangular), pressing down firmly. Make sure the cauliflower is packed tight and as thin as you like for the pizza crust. Bake at 400° F for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove the crust from the oven, add the shredded cheeses and Julienned basil, and place in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
6. Remove from the oven, add the fresh baby mozzarella balls or sliced fresh mozzarella, and place in the oven for the last time for 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and add the whole basil leaves, light drizzle of olive oil, and fresh cracked pepper. Serve and enjoy.
Note: this pizza was made with no tomato sauce. Feel free to add your favorite sauce or additional toppings.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.