Everything showers have entered the Poosh chat.
Literally. Kourt messaged our editorial team that Penelope was teaching her about everything showers, and within moments we were all sharing our favorite ways to do these multi-step, weekly rituals.
Okay, wait—back up. If you’re not familiar, let’s explain what an everything shower is.
Basically, it’s an extensive shower routine where you do, well, e v e r y t h i n g. We’re talking a head-to-toe deep clean. But it’s not just a shower. It’s a self-care experience with scrubs and serums galore.
Since it can take hours (yes, seriously), it’s definitely not an everyday thing. We’ve found the ideal time for an everything shower to be Sunday afternoon. It’s a relaxing ritual that can help ward off those Sunday scaries. Plus, we go into the week feeling so fresh and clean.
Ofc, there is no one right way to take an everything shower. Below is a general step-by-step guide, but feel free to personalize it according to your needs.
1. Prep your bedroom. Before you even step foot in the bathroom, it’s always a good idea to make sure you have fresh, cozy loungewear or a robe to wear after your shower, along with freshly-laundered sheets on your bed. Turn on the AC. You will thank yourself later.
2. Hair treatment. Brush out your hair and massage hair oil or a scalp treatment into your roots. Apply hair oil or a deep-conditioning mask to the rest of your hair. Make sure there are no tangles before covering your hair with a shower cap.
3. Dry brush. While your hair treatments work their magic, dry brush your body to boost circulation and exfoliate.
Body Dry Brush
4. Set the mood. Make sure the water is the perfect temperature, light some candles, and choose a soundtrack.
1. Body scrub. Once you’re actually in the shower, get scrubbing. Pay special attention to rough areas like elbows and knees.
Malibu Made Body Scrub
C & the Moon
2. Shampoo. Take off your shower cap and set it aside (you’ll need it again in a minute). Rinse out your pre-shower hair treatment, and then shampoo away any remaining residue.
3. Conditioner or hair mask. Apply one of these from mid-shaft to the ends of your hair and put your shower cap back on.
4. Cleanser. Massage a cleanser into your skin for about a minute to really deep clean, then rinse.
Gentle Everyday Cleanser
5. Face mask. Apply a face mask. The steam from the shower will help it work even better.
Clean Greens Face Mask
6. Shave. If you shave your body hair, now is the time to do so.
7. Rinse. Pretty self-explanatory—rinse off your face mask and hair conditioner/mask.
8. Body wash. Go in with a body wash to make sure there’s no extra product lingering on your skin.
Supervitamin Body Wash + Detoxifying
1. Wrap it up. Pat yourself dry with a towel and slip into the clean robe/loungewear you prepared earlier. Gently towel-dry your hair and wrap it in a hair towel.
2. Face serum. Grab a nourishing face serum, and apply it to your face, neck, and décolletage.
The Glowing Duo
3. Moisturizer. Do the same with a moisturizer or face oil. Indulge in a little facial massage or gua sha here if you’d like.
Bouncy Skin Bundle
4. Body serum, oil, or lotion. Massage into your skin. If you choose to layer products, apply from thinnest to thickest.
Superplant Body Serum + 2% Niacinamide
Original Whipped Body Butter $29
Kourtney x Barker Wellness Body Oil
5. Hair treatment. Finish off your hair care with a detangler, leave-in conditioner, and/or hair serum.
6. Relax. That was a lot of work! Thankfully, it’s time to snuggle into the fresh sheets in your cool-but-not-too-cool bedroom.
Shop our bath and body collection:
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.