We hear you loud and clear, and today, we are answering your requests with this to-die-for shredded chicken bowl. This high-fat, high-protein, low-carb bowl is easy to throw together and packed with southwest flavors. The ingredient combo is perfect and leaves you feeling satiated for lunch or dinner.
Don’t be afraid to prep what you need for your taco bowl ahead of time so that you can throw everything together for a really quick and easy low-carb meal that never gets old.
Simplify things one step further and follow the recipe below to create the perfect bowls for the adults, which can then easily be turned into tacos for the kiddos. The recipe below is meant to act as a guideline for you, but sometimes the best taco bowls come from throwing together leftovers, so don’t be afraid to improvise on the bowl condiments.
Recipe instructions included below:
Shredded Chicken Bowl
Recipe Type:Lunch or Dinner
Prep Time:10 min.
Cook Time:35 min.
Total Time:45 min.
2 organic chicken breasts
1 jar of salsa verde
1 jar of roasted tomato salsa or black bean/corn salsa
2-3 cups organic spinach (for your base)
2 ripe avocados
1/4-1/2 cup jalapeño sauerkraut
1/2 cup cilantro
1. Place the chicken breasts in a pot with one full jar of salsa verde and half a jar of the roasted tomato or black bean/corn salsa.
2. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it and shred with two forks, then place back in the pot and heat for another 5-10 minutes.
4. In your serving bowls, place your base of spinach and drizzle with coconut aminos.
5. Add the cooked, shredded chicken to the bowl. (Sub sweet potatoes for vegetarians.)
6. Add half a cut ripe avocado per bowl.
7. Add 2 tablespoons of sauerkraut per bowl.
8. Squeeze half a lime on each bowl and sprinkle with cilantro.