‘Tis the season in the kitchen—from matcha pancakes to warm banana bread—and we’re here to share yummy and cozy recipes. Today we’re giving the details on how to add caramelized roasted chestnuts to your holiday cooking lineup, for a sweet and salty snack or a festive topping for your main dish. Learn the recipe from one of Kourt’s friends below.
Roasted Caramelized Chestnuts
Dietary Info:Vegan, Dairy-Free
Serving Size:1 pan
Prep Time:20 mins
Cook Time:30 mins
Total Time:50 mins
1 bag of chestnuts
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Line the chestnuts on a baking sheet (cut X’s in the shells, so they’re easier to crack) and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. When there are about five minutes left for the chestnuts to bake, put 1/2 cup of maple syrup in a pan on medium/low heat, and take off heat when it starts to foam/bubble.
4. Crack chestnuts after they’ve baked for 30 minutes, peel, and place in a mixing bowl.
5. Add in caramelized syrup, 1/2 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract, and about 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, and mix all together.
Up next, shop more from the Poosh Shop here.