Pancakes come in all shapes, sizes, and flavors, and today we’re dishing on one of Kourt’s favorite pancake variations: matcha. It’s a tasty and subtle alternative your entire family is sure to enjoy. Top the green cakes with fresh fruit for added flavor.
See the full list of ingredients and steps below.
Serving Size:2 Pancakes
Prep Time:7 min.
Cook Time:5 min.
Total Time:12 min.
2/3 cup almond milk
¼ cup melted coconut oil + additional oil for pan frying
¼ cup organic unrefined cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons matcha powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1. In a big mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, cane sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. Add gluten-free flour, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. Heat pan to medium heat and coat bottom with coconut oil.
4. Using a spoon, scoop out batter for mini pancakes (if batter is too thin, add a tablespoon extra flour to the mix).
5. When small bubbles form on the top of the pancakes, they are ready to flip. Cook for another minute or so (depends on size of pancakes) or until both sides are golden.
6. Serve with organic sliced strawberries and 100% maple syrup.
Shop the photo: Sferra Hemstitch Dinner Napkins, Set of 4 ($37); West Elm Gold Flatware Set ($31)