I’m back with another Shayna’s Kitchen recipe. Today I’m sharing my easy gluten-free, vegan summer rolls. They’re stuffed with just five healthy ingredients, and they make for the perfect afternoon snack to add to your rotation. The best part? They only require 15 minutes to prepare and enjoy. Plus, the sauce is incredibly flavorful and makes each bite even more delicious. Learn the step-by-step instructions on how to make the fresh, light, and crunchy lunch or appetizer recipe below.
Easy Veggie Summer Rolls
Recipe Type:Snack, Lunch
Serving Size:8 rolls
Prep Time:15 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
For the rolls:
1 package brown rice paper rolls
1 carrot, shredded
1 cucumber, sliced thinly
Basil, 2-3 small leaves per roll
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the sauce:
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter
1/4 cup tamari
2 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup water, or as needed to reach desired consistency
Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
1. To prepare, chop all vegetables into slices, shred the carrots, and have all ingredients ready next to a clean, dry cutting board.
2. Using a small amount of sesame oil and a paper towel, wipe down the board so the rolls don’t stick.
3. Fill a shallow bowl with water next to the cutting board and dip one spring roll rice paper into the water, submerging for around 10 seconds. Shake lightly before placing on the prepared cutting board.
4. Add in your vegetables, finishing with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
5. To wrap, roll up like a burrito, tucking in the left and right sides before finishing the roll.
6. Prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients into a mid-sized bowl and whisking until combined.
7. Add water while whisking until the desired consistency is reached.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.