If rolling tiny needles on your face sounds terrifying, let us ease your hesitations once and for all. Derma rolling (also known as microneedling) has been around for years. Remember when Angelina Jolie backed the treatment and the beauty world went wild? We do. Since then, the treatment has become more mainstream, and we’re so excited to have our name behind the tool with our Hora x Poosh collaboration. To further share the skin benefits, we tapped Gina Mari of Gina Mari Skincare for her expert insight.
“Microneedling involves the use of fine needles to create hundreds of tiny puncture wounds in the top layer of the skin known as the epidermis. When intentional damage is caused, the body’s natural healing process kicks in, sending white blood cells to the ‘injured’ site while simultaneously stimulating collagen and elastin production. We’ve seen incredible improvement, from reducing acne scarring to minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This is also a great way to treat the delicate eye area, as most lasers cannot get as close to the orbital bone.
For at-home treatments (like when using the Hora x Poosh Derma Roller), it’s important to remember:
-Keep the tool sterile—be mindful to sanitize both before and after use.
-Use a serum before to give your skin a little slip and glide. This ensures the tool will have a smoother application and really drive the serum deep into the tissue.
-Due to all the little pathways you’ve created, any product applied post-treatment will really penetrate, so I suggest using a product designed to treat whatever condition is of concern.”
About our Derma Roller:
The easy-to-use, noninvasive roller has 540 super-fine needles with a 0.3 mm needle size made from fine medical titanium. Continued use of the Derma Roller can help diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and uneven skin tone and give skin a luminous appearance.
Directions (best for evening use):
• Thoroughly cleanse skin to remove all traces of makeup and pat dry with a towel.
• Apply Hyaluronic Halo + CBD Serum.
• Using a clean and disinfected roller, roll up and down the skin three to four times, using even speed and light pressure.
• Start rolling vertically then horizontally and then diagonally. Complete this on each area to be treated (avoid eyes, lips, and irritated skin areas).
• Apply an additional layer of Hyaluronic Halo + CBD Serum.
• Massage into skin until absorbed.
• Process can be repeated two to three times a week.
• Replace roller after 40-50 uses or if any needles are bent or broken.
Note: Do not use roller on irritated skin, rosacea, eczema, active acne, etc. If there is any skin sensitivity, stop using immediately and consult a doctor or skin specialist.
Shop our Moisturizing Powerhouse Bundle below.
Moisturizing Powerhouse Bundle
Hora x Poosh