It’s here, the vegan bolognese recipe from our Poolside with Poosh event that our team can’t stop talking about. Chef Alex Stickland kindly shared the step-by-step instructions on how to recreate the meal made with zucchini noodles and vegan parmesan in the comfort of your home.
The healthier version of the classic pasta dish makes for a great recipe to share and serve at your next dinner party. If you do make it, be sure to post your photos using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social. Read on for the full instructions on how to make the vegan bolognese.
Vegan Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles
Dietary Info:Vegan, Keto-Friendly
Serving Size:4-6 people
Prep Time:30 minutes
Cook Time:2 hours
Total Time:2 hours 30 minutes
For Vegan Bolognese:
2 lbs Beyond Meat
3 cloves garlic
1 stick celery
1 tablespoon tomato puree
Maldon sea salt
Ground black pepper
2 liters vegetable stock or organic bouillon
500 ml tomato passata
6-7 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
1 tablespoon olive oil
Vegan parmesan *optional
For Vegan Bolognese:
1. Blitz onion, carrot, garlic, and celery in a Vitamix or similar food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
2. Roast paste in a heavy-based saucepan on low heat. Season with some salt and pepper while cooking and stir frequently to remove all the excess moisture.
3. Once the paste starts to caramelize and becomes sticky and starts to catch, add 1 tablespoon tomato puree and roast, deglazing the pan with a splash of water.
4. Separately take the Beyond Meat and brown in a sauté pan. Once browned, add in some grapeseed oil. Add to the vegetable mixture.
5. Add the jar of tomato passata, cook, and combine for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add 2 liters of vegetable stock (you could also use bouillon), bring to a boil, and simmer.
7. Cook for two hours (low and slow). The consistency should be saucy and with a lava flow.
8. Season with olive oil, Maldon sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
1. Spiral the zucchini noodles.
2. In a heated pan, heat the olive oil.
3. Add the zucchini noodles and sauté for about five minutes.
4. Once the zucchini is cooked, add the vegan bolognese sauce.
5. Top with vegan parmesan. *optional
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.