Today is World Mental Health Day, and with that in mind we thought it was important and appropriate to highlight some self-care acts that you should not just participate in today, but every day. Forgetfulness is human nature, so we’ve also come up with some ways that will help you remember these mindfulness acts.
Did you know that cleaning has a positive effect on our mental health by helping us gain a sense of control over our environment? You are a reflection of your mental state. So it’s important to have your act clean. By sticking to a daily hygiene routine every day, you can build better self-awareness, stay healthy, and ward off illnesses. You’ll also have a better social and professional experience. It will boost your confidence and give you a certain je ne sais quoi. Studies show that when someone has poor hygiene, it is directly correlated to their mental health. You can avoid mental health issues by implementing a solid practice in your everyday life. Make this a priority for yourself if you’re lacking in this area. We’re not here to judge; we’re here to help. Remember: practice makes perfect. You’re creating a new habit, so make it your priority. When you get one down, add another habit to incorporate into your routine.
Create the Poosh-approved self-care routine by following these steps:
1. Brush your teeth when you wake up and before you sleep. Or after you eat sugar.
2. Don’t forget to floss and oil pull!
3. Clip your nails or get them done.
4. Take a cold shower.
5. Apply sunscreen daily.
6. Moisturize your body.
1. Wash your hands frequently.
2. Apply face masks.
3. Hang your keys next to the door.
1. Write things down.
2. Say your to-do task out loud for memory purposes.
3. Keep a planner handy.
1. Get a good night’s rest. It’s vital to incorporate a proper amount of sleep into your daily routine because it’ll set you up for the following day.
2. Incorporate working out into your morning or evening routine.
3. Drink water or treat yourself to a cup of matcha.
1. Wash your face with your favorite cleanser and then follow up with a glowing mask.
2. Do your makeup.
3. Put on fresh, clean clothes.
4. Spray your favorite perfume.
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.