Sweet tooth you say? We teamed up with Nikki Elisheva of My Sweet Belly to share her recipe for gluten-free and vegan no-bake brownies. Our mouth is watering just as we type this, wbu? “Maca powder pairs well with cacao/chocolate flavors. It has a caramel flavor and is known for boosting energy levels and restoring hormonal balance. Add this to your brownie base,” Nikki shares. Talk about powerful brownie points. Learn how to make the health(ier) version of the classic dessert below.
Gluten-Free and Vegan No-Bake Brownies
Dietary Info:Vegan, Gluten-Free, Can Be Nut-Free
Serving Size:8-10 bars
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes (plus freeze for 30 minutes)
Total Time:45 minutes until ready
– 15 medjool dates
– 2 tablespoons cacao powder
– Splash of your choice of milk
– 1/3 cup monk fruit sugar (optional)
– 1 cup rolled oats (or sunflower seeds for a keto option)
– 1/2 cup keto maple syrup/sticky sweetener of choice
– Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
– Optional add-in: maca powder for caramel-like flavor
For the top:
– 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted (add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to thin out the chocolate)
1. Blend base ingredients together and press into a lined 8×8 tray. The consistency should be sticky and sand-like. If the mixture is too wet, add more oats or seeds. If the mixture is too dry, add more maple syrup.
2. Melt the chocolate chips and pour over the brownie base.
3. Freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
Poosh Edit: Best of Kitchen Essentials