Just in time for this year’s Fourth of July celebration, we have the perfect vegan party snack that you don’t want to miss out on. You know those bags of mini peppers that you see at your local grocery store? I usually buy them and sneak a couple into a school lunch. Recently, something came over me and I decided to get creative and make them into a party snack that everyone can enjoy, and they were pooshtastic. Even the cheese lovers were raving about them. The jalapeño cream cheese turns up the heat, and these easy-peasy, melt-in-your-mouth, savory, bite-size morsels will be a total crowd-pleaser. Sub vegan chive cream cheese for the jalapeño if you prefer less spicy.
Vegan Jalapeño Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Dietary Info:Gluten-Free and Vegan
Serving Size:15-20 servings (1-2 per serving)
Prep Time:5 min.
Cook Time:35 min.
Total Time:40 min.
2 bags organic mini peppers
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1-2 containers vegan jalapeño cream cheese (or vegan chive cream cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Wash peppers.
3. Halve peppers vertically with stem on and cut out any seeds.
4. Lay them out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, with the insides facing up.
5. Drizzle the avocado oil all over and season with the salt.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove and let cool.
8. Stuff each half with a couple teaspoons of vegan cream cheese.
9. Pop back in the oven and broil for another five minutes.
10. Take out, let cool, and serve.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.