Hatch Baby recently teamed up with data authority Ipsos to learn about how well (or not) families are sleeping each night. The data revealed that one in four parents today only get three to five hours of sleep per night. Over half of Millennial parents are susceptible to getting woken up by a child crying. And 77% of parents with children 5 and under would be willing to give up something they love or do something they dislike in exchange for a good night’s sleep.
Whether you’re a parent or not, it’s safe to say that everyone yearns for a better night’s rest. Which is why we’re adding to our list of everyday hacks by sharing ways to fall asleep faster. Learn our 12 hacks to enter a blissful snooze sooner.
• Weighted blanket: Sleeping with a weighted blanket can be helpful for those with anxiety-related sleep issues. The blanket acts as a calming source and is designed to feel like a gentle hug.
• Binaural beats: Thanks to innovative technology, this technique has been proven to lower stress and improve cognitive performance. According to Psychology Today, “Binaural beats are a technique of combining two slightly different sound frequencies to create the perception of a single new frequency tone.”
• If you’re one of the lucky ones to get your hands on our Moon Milk Latte Collagen Powder, try making these coconut bites for a sound sleep.
• Spray The Nue Co.’s Magnesium Ease mist on your joints to promote muscle relaxation and to help alleviate stress.
• Give melatonin a try. The sleep aide naturally assists the body to help manage sleep cycles and promote a deeper shut-eye.
• Invest in a sound machine. With fully adjustable sound and tone control, this portable device will totally change your sleeping game.
• Line your curtains with blackout shades. Don’t let the light of the day interfere with your snooze session.
• Try using the Calm app to lull your mind into a soothing state.
• Experiment with breathing exercises at night. Our COO, Sarah Howard, swears by this pattern: “deep breaths for three counts in and three counts out. I inhale and say ‘love’ to myself and exhale and say ‘fear’ to myself, so I’m inhaling all the love and positivity and exhaling all the fear and negativity. It helps put my mind at ease and calms me for a deeper sleep. It also helps to stop the thoughts that seem to race through my head at the precise time that I’m trying to go to bed.”
• CBD gummies: Eat a CBD gummy before you go to bed, which can help lower anxiety and ease your nervous system. It’s the ultimate 2019 way to chill out.
• Never underestimate the power of slipping on a silk eye mask for a better night’s sleep.
• Keep a small lavender pouch in your bedside table. The subtle scent acts as aromatherapy, lending a helpful tool to drift off into a drowsy element.
Up next, discover more from the Poosh Shop here.