There are certain foods that were just meant for fall. Hearty soups, decadent baked goods … but salad?
This fall medley salad from Cameron Rogers was made for a crisp autumn day. Packed with butternut squash, fresh apples, and crushed pecans, this is bound to become a cozy-day staple.
Eat it as a meal, or double up on the fall fun, and pair it with a cup of butternut squash soup.
Get the full recipe below. Bon appétit!
Fall Medley Salad
Recipe Type:Lunch, Dinner, Side
Dietary Info:Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Plant-Based
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
2 heads of kale, washed, destemmed, and finely chopped
2 apples, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup crushed pecans
1 cup crumbled goat cheese
Olive oil to coat
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Toss the butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook the squash in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly golden.
4. Combine the apples and chopped kale in a large mixing bowl.
5. Add the golden raisins, crushed pecans, crumbled goat cheese, and roasted butternut squash.
6. Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
7. Dress the squash salad with balsamic vinaigrette, and season with additional salt to your liking.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.