The idea of swapping out all our familiar household and personal items for sustainable options can seem like a daunting task with no clear entry point or place to start. That’s why Future Earth and Package Free Shop have come together to create a “Climate AdvoKit”—a compilation of our favorite tried and trusted sustainable products. Plus, 10% of the proceeds from this collab goes toward The People Concern, a housing and social services organization in Los Angeles.
We’ve put together an assortment of products that we not only use and love but are great for anyone looking to start their sustainability journey. Package Free Shop has literally vetted every product on its website to ensure each brand is aligned with its mission: to reduce waste in your daily routine. Not to say you have to have these items if you’re looking to become more sustainable, but if you are shopping around, we wanted to provide the best possible options for you and for the planet.
Shop the sustainable living starter kit below:
Package Free X Future Earth
The kit breakdown plus tips on how I use each item:
● PF x FE Co-branded Cup: Stay hydrated on the go.
● Stasher Bag Sandwich: Great for makeup, and it’s freezer, oven, and dishwasher safe for food.
● Stasher Bag Snack: I like to fill the small ones with ice and use them as cold packs.
● Three Blue Birds Reusable Swedish Dishcloth (Mushrooms Print): A single Swedish dishcloth replaces 17 paper towel rolls!
● Meow Meow Tweet Eucalyptus Deodorant Stick: These also come in a baking soda-free formula for those with sensitivities.
● Kooshoo Plastic Free Scrunchies in Moonshadow: 100% compostable, organic cotton and natural rubber.
● Package Free Stainless Steel Bubble Tea Straw: If you haven’t made the switch by now …
● The Sustainable Switch Large Straw Brush: Actually a necessity.
● Bog Berry Wool Dryer Balls: You can add essential oils to these; lavender is a fave to lend a soothing scent to your laundry.
● Package Free Hand Sanitizer: Keep in your car, purse, or bathroom.
● Terra Ties Compostable Hair Ties Pack: Made from organic cotton and natural rubber. Plus they are biodegradable.
● Onyx Airtight Stainless Steel Container: For your kitchen needs.
● Glass Drinking Straw: An extremely classy sustainable swap, imho.
● Joco Cup: Perfect for your iced coffee or matcha.
● Terra Tory Seamoss Soap: These soaps are 100% natural, made with ingredients you can pronounce (and eat). They’re also amazing for those who experience eczema (speaking from experience!!).
Up next, shop the newest items from the Poosh Shop here.