A tablespoon of EVOO a day, they say. But why? What are the benefits? And how does Kourt incorporate this habit into her wellness routine? All the answers await ahead.
There’s a reason that the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world, and it comes down to … extra virgin olive oil. The purest form of olive oil is packed with healthy fatty acids, anti-inflammatory compounds (like oleocanthal), and antioxidants (vitamin E and squalene, both of which have anti-aging properties, boosting collagen and reducing cell damage) for mind, body, and beauty benefits. While we’re all for incorporating the nutritious oil in recipes, today we’re breaking down why you should start your morning with a tablespoon of EVOO.
First things first, it’s recommended to consume in the morning on an empty stomach so the oil can coat your system and neutralize your stomach walls for optimal benefits. Kourt recently added this practice to her morning routine, taking a tablespoon first thing in the a.m. (every other day).
The mind, body, and beauty benefits:
• Can improve overall brain health thanks to antioxidants that boost memory and mood
• Can strengthen immunity and fight against infections with the help of monounsaturated fats (aka the healthy fats in EVOO) and antioxidants
• Reduces inflammation
• Promotes anti-aging elements for the body by loosening joints and muscles for better mobility
• Boosts collagen production along with cell health
• Can help promote healthy liver and heart health
• Digestive relief (softer and smoother bowel movements)
• Nourishes hair, skin, and nails
Shop our health and wellness collection:
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.