Whether you’re prepping for pasta night or a Mexican-themed dinner, anything cheese-related is always a hit. In true Poosh fashion, we’ve got a healthier option to add to your cookbook. We teamed up with Nikki Elisheva of My Sweet Belly to share her recipe for vegan cheese sauce. The delicious topping makes for a better-for-you version of mac and cheese or a fresh take on chips and melted queso. Learn the simple steps for the comforting dish below.
Vegan Cheese Sauce
Recipe Type:Snack, Lunch, or Dinner
Dietary Info:Vegan/Can Be Keto/Gluten-Free/Nut-Free
Serving Size:6-8 Servings
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:25 minutes
– 2 cups of carrots, steamed
– 3 cups of cauliflower rice, steamed
– 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
– 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
– Onion and garlic powder, to taste
1. Boil or steam the vegetables, until soft. (If you can stick a fork into the vegetable and remove easily, they’re ready.)
2. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Mix into your favorite gluten-free pasta or serve as a thicker sauce for dipping (GF) tortilla chips or vegetable chips.
*To thicken the sauce for dipping, add more nutritional yeast and cauliflower rice.
*To thin the sauce for pastas, add more water or vegetable broth to blender.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.