You think you’ve read all the hacks out there, and then you hop on TikTok or Facebook and what do you know, there’s another “holy sh*t, I need to try that” hack in your feed. To update your makeup application process with the latest tips and tricks, we sourced ideas from our community through our private Facebook group (and added a few new ones our team has seen and heard recently too). Get ready to experiment with these methods the next time you apply full-on glam.
Want to join our Pooshie FB group for the inside scoop? Head here to become part of the social conversation.
• Our editor, Michelle Scanga, found this one after a late-night scroll on TikTok. Apparently, this is how Bella Hadid sets her foundation for a flawless look. What to do: fill a bowl with cold water, apply your foundation and powder, then dunk your face in the bowl for two to three seconds and lightly pat dry. This sets your base and leaves your face looking incredibly fresh. Next, finish your eyes, lips, and bronzer.
• Speaking of base makeup, use this mixing palette to blend your foundation. Then apply with a sponge or brush (whatever you prefer). Kourt recently learned this trick from Kylie and now swears by it.
• Use neutral eye shadows and tints for your lips and highlighter. This is also a great way to save space in your purse for when you need touchups throughout the day. We’re always on board with a multipurpose product.
• Once you’ve finished a tube of mascara, thoroughly clean it out with water and a light soap. Then fill the tube with castor oil and use the wand to apply to your lashes and brows to help stimulate hair growth. You can also use the clean wand to brush out flyaways to achieve a super sleek hairstyle.
• Use cold spoons or this stainless steel roller to depuff your under-eyes before applying any makeup.
• To plump your lips before applying lip liner, use a clean, unused toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips. You can even use this DIY recipe to enhance exfoliation.
• When you’re on the go, use the warmth of your fingertips to blend concealer or cream-based products.
• Fake the look of laminated eyebrows by using the above upcycling hack with your freshly filled tube of castor oil.
• Apply a balm or serum underneath your eyes and on your lids prior to your shadow for a super dewy look.
• Mix illuminating drops with your moisturizer for a quick glowing base.
And of course, never forget these trusted makeup secrets from the Kardashian/Jenner sisters.
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.