Chef Sara here, back with another dinner option that only takes 30 minutes to prepare and serve. On the menu today? Turkey taco lettuce cups—the healthy(er) version of taco night. I dress up my mix with chopped bacon, but it’s certainly an optional step. If you’re vegetarian, you can also sub the ground turkey for tofu. Flavor the seasoning to your liking and feel free to kick up the spice by topping the cups with sliced jalapeños or hot sauce. Read the step-by-step instructions below and try my keto cheesecake for dessert.
Turkey Taco Lettuce Cups
Dietary Info:Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Serving Size:6 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
1 pack bacon, cut into small pieces
Red onion, small diced
4 cloves garlic, minced and smashed
1 pack organic ground turkey
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 teaspoons turmeric
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Butter lettuce (or gluten-free tortillas)
Red onion slices
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
2. Cut up bacon into small pieces. Add to the skillet and cook. Once cooked, remove bacon from the skillet and toss out the bacon fat.
3. In the same skillet, heat the avocado oil.
4. Add the diced red onion to the skillet with a pinch of salt and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Add the ground turkey and spices and sauté.
6. Add the bacon back and stir all together. Sauté until turkey is cooked through.
7. Drizzle lemon juice all over and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
8. Take garnish ingredients and slice the red onions. Cut up the mango, avocado, and cilantro. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Add ingredients into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and mix all together.
9. Separate the leaves of butter lettuce, rinse, and let dry.
10. When ready to serve, add a scoop of ground turkey into lettuce cup. Add garnish, drizzle olive oil on top, and enjoy.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.