Each spring, we update our everyday wardrobe by moving our puffy coats and cozy knits to the back of our closet to make room for light jackets and our favorite breezy dresses. The same goes for our skincare products—now that winter is over, it’s time to slightly tweak our daily beauty routine to adjust to the new season and changing weather. If you’re thinking, wow, I’ve never done this before, don’t sweat it. We’re making the transition simple for you by recommending 10 ways to prep your skincare lineup for warm weather, blue skies, and sunny days.
• Swap your heavy winter creams for a lighter serum. Save those thick creams for next winter when your skin becomes super dry after temperatures drop. Add our hyaluronic halo serum to your daily routine if you haven’t already. HA deeply hydrates your skin, and the light consistency will leave your skin glowing all day long.
Hyaluronic Halo + CBD Serum
Hora x Poosh
• Sunscreen is a must every day, year-round—you already know that. What you might forget, though, is to apply it on your chest, neck, and tops of your hands. This is especially important if you’re enjoying extra time outside.
• Once the weather really starts to warm up, add a toner to your skincare regimen. Toners help to remove any excess grime (like sweat from a day out in the sun) or cleanser that may be trailing behind, and most importantly, they help balance your skin’s pH post-cleanse. We love this one because it’s ultra-hydrating, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory.
Frankincense Face Tonic
• Speaking of time out in the sun, top your spring and summer outfits with a dope hat (post-sunscreen application of course). Double the protection, yanno? Shield your beautiful face from harmful UV rays with one of our stylish picks here.
• Up your face mask rotation. If your skin starts to look slightly dull (again, most likely due to being out in the sun), use a brightening mask to get your glow back. This powder-to-gel formula is made with 100% pure, edible superfoods. Just add a few drops of water, mix in this bowl, and leave on for 10-15 mins. It’s a great option to use toward the end of summer and into fall as the natural papaya enzymes gently exfoliate to repair and reveal radiant skin.
Papaya Bright Superfood Face Mask
• Rid excess oil and irritations caused by sweat and harsh climates with a detoxifying clay mask. Soothe and calm freaked-out skin with hibiscus, marshmallow root, aloe, calendula, and chamomile to reduce redness, irritation, and inflammation.
Forma Floris to Soothe
• One more mask tip. Post-sun, try this DIY matcha, aloe, and honey combination. Green tea is also antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory, so it’s a multifunctional ingredient to incorporate into your beauty routine. Aloe vera naturally calms skin, which can help reduce redness from a pesky breakout and hydrate your skin. Honey works to purify and cleanse your skin. Learn the step-by-step instructions here.
• Once a month, stamp your face with this microneedling set. It’s a great treatment for anti-aging and more even skin tone and texture. Read all application details and more benefits on microneedling.
The Things We Do
• Keep an oil-free gel moisturizer like this one in the fridge and apply for a cooling and refreshing end-of-day skincare treat.
• Gua sha with a stainless steel tool. The naturally chill material automatically awakens the skin and increases blood circulation through lymphatic drainage, which makes it great for mornings after you’ve had too much salt (delicious margs in the sun, we’re looking at you) to help decrease puffiness. You can even put it in the fridge or freezer for an added shock of coldness and relief under your eyes.
Stainless Steel Gua Sha
Up next, shop the newest items from the Poosh Shop here.