For the love of love handles—we love them! It’s your body and uniquely you.
If you’re looking to tone your lower waist—aka love handles, which are caused by fat retention, typically due to hormones, diet, and sleep patterns—we’re sharing simple hacks to incorporate into your daily routine. They’ll help hone in on the area for toned and slimming (if that’s your goal) results. Read on for our overall wellness and workout tips.
• Target love handles by doing a set of exercises on your yoga mat. Floor exercises like Russian twists with a weighted ball and bicycle crunches are beneficial to your routine. Follow our five-step routine.
• Leg flutters are an amazing workout hack for your abs, and the exercise also targets and tones your lower core. Set a timer and complete 20 or more reps per leg.
• Try to stress less. We know it’s easier said than done, but set boundaries. That translates to signing off at normal office hours to take a work breather. Not only does stress impact your mental health, but it can also target your physical health including poor eating habits, which ultimately lead to an unhealthy lifestyle.
• Sleep at least seven to nine hours every night. Sometimes it seems impossible to get your beauty sleep, but try to make a priority out of it. Inconsistent sleeping habits can contribute to overeating, lack of energy, and less motivation to exercise and move your body.
• Pick up on a new hobby with your friends, like HIIT workouts. The high-intensity moves will do wonders for targeting your lower belly area.
• Add more cardio to your workout routine, whether it’s running on the treadmill or swimming (hello, summer). Exercises that raise your heart rate for an extended period of time are great for burning calories.
• Increase your protein and fiber intake and save sugary foods for your treat days. Yes, this includes cutting back on alcohol.
• If you’re at the gym, challenge a partner to a jump rope, kettlebell, or a boxing battle. Kettlebells engage your core and glutes, and box jumps are a great way to engage your whole body. Plus, a little harmless competition never hurts when it comes to motivating your workout.
• Plug in your headphones, and get in the zone while wearing light ankle and wrist weights. The combination of wearing weights while practicing aerobic exercises will make working out feel more like a fun activity rather than a check off your to-do list.
Up next, shop the newest items from the Poosh Shop here.