Face roller or gua sha, that is the question. While both face massaging tools have similar benefits, the main difference comes down to how quickly you want to see results and the amount of time you’re willing to spend using the tool. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to depuff your face, reach for a roller. If you’re hoping to sculpt and contour your face shape, then grab your gua sha. Ahead, we’re breaking down the benefits of each skincare tool so you can find the right one for your schedule and needs.
We’ll start with the benefits of both:
• Improves the function of skin from the inside out
• Great anti-aging habit to boost skin’s texture and prevent fine lines and wrinkles
• Promotes lymphatic drainage
• Boosts circulation and blood flow
• Soothing and activates energy throughout the face and flow of skin
• Pushes toxic fluids out for detoxifying results
• Easy to use
• Convenient and quick
• Great for depuffing around the eyes and brows
• Use upward and outward strokes
• Reduces inflammation
• Pair the treatment with a sheet mask and roll over the mask for deeper product penetration
Ideal for: quick soothing and calming results
Shop our favorite face rollers below:
Stainless Steel Facial Roller
After you’ve applied toner/serum, kickstart your day with this soothing practice. Keep it in the freezer for added cooling effect. If you want extra credit, use it at the end of the day too, but add a sheet mask to the routine and roll over the serum-infused mask.
High Roller Face & Body Massager
Zena Foster Beauty
The uplifting face roller is used the same way as a stone or stainless steel roller. This one has 30 massaging germanium stones around the spinning part that will leave your skin feeling energized and enhanced and stimulate acupressure points.
Rose on Rose Body Roller
While you’re at it, use this rose quartz tool all over your body to soothe tight muscles, reduce stress, and improve overall circulation.
• Penetrates deeper and focuses on different angles of the face
• Best for sculpting and contouring the face
• Takes more time compared to rolling but will give more visible results
• Releases muscle tension
Ideal for: long-term sculpting results
Shop our favorite gua sha tools below:
Stainless Steel Gua Sha
A gua sha tool that’s fully recyclable? Obviously, we’re sold. Made with stainless steel, this gua sha is ideal for acne-prone skin since steel is nonporous, so it won’t spread bacteria. Follow this step-by-step gua sha guide during your at-home spa night.
Uplifting Heart Gua Sha
We love rose quartz because it’s said to emit energetic vibrations of love, self-esteem, kindness, warmth, and compassion, so you can be uplifted on the inside and out.
Transforming Butterfly Gua Sha
The butterfly shape is great for around the jawline since the wings help to really get into the grooves of your face.
Learn more about the different face massaging tools in the below video.
Up next, shop more from the Poosh Shop here.