Pizza Girl Italian USDA Certified Organic Marinara Sauce
Why We Love It:
After decades at D’Amore’s Pizza, Caroline D’Amore created Pizza Girl—a line of USDA certified organic and locally sourced pasta sauces. Caroline learned from the perfection of her great grandmother’s cooking to create the freshest, healthiest, and most delicious pasta sauces for family and friends to enjoy. Not only are we highlighting how tasty the sauce is, but we’re also sharing an easy recipe to put it to use. Learn how to make Caroline’s Veggie Chicken Penne with Organic Pizza Girl Marinara Sauce below (chicken is optional, and feel free to sub in gluten-free noodles), and shop the organic sauce here.
Veggie Chicken Penne with Organic Pizza Girl Marinara Sauce
1 24-ounce jar of Pizza Girl Organic Marinara Sauce
1 box of your favorite penne pasta
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup finely chopped broccoli
1 whole chopped zucchini
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 organic chicken breast sliced to desired thickness (optional)
1. Season your chicken breast with salt and pepper, then add the sliced chicken breast to a lightly oiled skillet. Let cook for seven minutes or until no longer pink in color.
2. Bring a large pot of water with a few drops of olive oil to a boil.
3. Once the water is boiling, add the penne and cook, following package instructions, leaving penne slightly al dente. Drain penne and put back in the pot.
4. While the penne is boiling, add the broccoli to the skillet with the chicken. Cook for three minutes until softened.
5. Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Cook until softened and dark in color.
6. Add in sliced zucchini and peas to the same skillet and let them cook together until all veggies are softened, about two minutes.
7. Add the veggies, chicken, and Pizza Girl Organic Marinara Sauce to the pot with the noodles and cook until it’s all mixed up and hot!
8. Stir, serve, and devour.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.