Apparently time flies whether you’re having fun or not, because somehow it’s already the end of May. Memorial Day is this Monday, and what better way to kick off the unofficial start of summer than with some Poosh-approved recipes? Whatever you’re grilling, these easy side dish recipes—plus a tasty marg that can also be made sans alcohol—are the perfect accompaniment to your Memorial Day BBQ. Read on to get all the details.
1/2 stick Liquid I.V. x Poosh Honey Ginger Turmeric Hydration Multiplier 10-Pack
3 ounces water
2 ounces 818 Blanco tequila
1 ounce lime juice
Fresh ginger, peeled
1. Add electrolyte powder and water to a cocktail shaker and shake until electrolyte powder is dissolved.
2. Gently mash the fresh ginger and jalapeño slices and add them to the cocktail shaker along with the 818 Blanco tequila.
3. Shake well and pour over ice.
2 medium-long bananas
2 cups vegan chocolate chips
2 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
2 tablespoons chopped almonds
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel the bananas and cut them in half. Using popsicle sticks or cake pop sticks, insert the stick on the bottom of the banana about halfway up (opposite from the pointy end). Place the bananas on the parchment paper two inches apart and freeze for 20 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, warm up the chocolate chips for 60-90 seconds. Using a whisk, mix around the melted chocolate chips until silky-smooth (you can add one tablespoon of coconut oil to make the chocolate mixture smoother).
3. Gently dunk the frozen bananas into the bowl of melted chocolate. You can use a spoon to add more chocolate up the sides of the banana. Lay the chocolate-covered bananas back onto the baking sheet.
4. Generously sprinkle the almonds and coconut flakes over the bananas. Freeze again for 10-15 minutes. Top off with a chocolate drizzle or more of your favorite toppings!
3. Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
2 15-ounce cans of artichoke hearts in water
2 tablespoons vegan butter
2 shallots, minced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup dry sherry
1 cup vegan cream cheese
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
6 cups spinach
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Drain and chop the canned artichokes.
2. Melt vegan butter over medium heat in a large pan.
3. Add shallots, garlic, and artichoke hearts. Stir and cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the wine and sherry. Cook for one minute.
5. Add vegan cream cheese, vegetable stock, nutritional yeast flakes, and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until thick, about 35 to 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add the spinach a few handfuls at a time, gently stirring them into the mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve with sliced raw veggies or chips.
1 red or sweet potato
1 yellow zucchini
Fresh carrot, sliced
Pinch of salt and black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, sliced
1. Boil the potato for five minutes and then slice it.
2. Steam the broccolini for five minutes.
3. Slice up one yellow zucchini and golden beets and cook until slightly golden.
4. Add the tomato, basil, carrot, and salt and pepper to a bowl with the potato, broccolini, beets, and zucchini.
5. Drizzle EVOO or Kourt’s super simple salad dressing over the ingredients.
6. Top with sliced avocado, sunflower seeds, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
For the rolls:
1 package brown rice paper rolls
1 carrot, shredded
1 cucumber, sliced thinly
Basil, 2-3 small leaves per roll
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
For the sauce:
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup pumpkin seed butter
1/4 cup tamari
2 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup water, or as needed to reach desired consistency
Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste
1. Chop all the vegetables into slices, shred the carrots, and have all ingredients ready next to a clean, dry cutting board.
2. Using a small amount of sesame oil and a paper towel, wipe down the board so the rolls don’t stick.
3. Fill a shallow bowl with water next to the cutting board and dip one spring roll rice paper into the water, submerging for around 10 seconds. Shake lightly before placing on the prepared cutting board.
4. Add in your vegetables, finishing with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
5. To wrap, roll up like a burrito, tucking in the left and right sides before finishing the roll. Repeat until all the vegetables have been used.
6. Prepare the sauce by adding all ingredients into a mid-size bowl and whisking until combined.
7. Add water while whisking until the desired consistency is reached.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.