Pros know how to have lunch on the go. We’ve found that impromptu lunches lead to unhealthy eating, and poor food choices will impact your mind, body, and soul. So we’ve come up with some quick and easy lunch ideas for mindful, nutritious eating to keep your head clear, your body feeling its best, and your intellectual energy high. Sarah Howard, our Chief Content Officer, even shares how she recreates her favorite deli sandwich on the go. Read on to find out what other lunches you can master in the kitchen (even when you’re “not a cook”).
Sarah’s Toasty Sandwich
Your choice of bread
Aioli spreadable cheese
1. Toast bread, then on one slice add a layer of aioli spreadable cheese, and on the other side spread hummus.
2. Sandwich the rest of the ingredients inside, and that’s it.
Tasty Tuna Salad
1 can of tuna
1 head of romaine lettuce
1/2 red onion
2 Persian cucumbers
1 bunch of cilantro
Juice of 2 lemons
1 fresh jalapeño (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Shred tuna (squeeze half a lemon in there as you’re shredding).
2. Shred head of romaine lettuce (long strips).
3. Shred one carrot and finely chop half a red onion.
4. Chop two Persian cucumbers into small cubes and finely chop cilantro.
5. Squeeze 1 1/2 lemons for the salad into a bowl.
6. Finely chop the jalapeño. *Note: do this last so that it does not make the rest of your food spicy.
7. Mix all ingredients well.
8. Squeeze lemon on top as your dressing and toss.
9. Add fresh jalapeños as preferred. *Note: take out half of the seeds so that it’s not overbearing if you’re not used to spicy foods.
10. Serve over tostadas or break the tostadas to add crunch to your salad.
Crunchy "Chicken" Salad
Crispy plant-based chicken
Mix of spinach and romaine lettuce
Your choice of dressing
Pine nuts *optional if you have them
Sun-dried tomatoes *optional if you have them
1. Cook plant-based chicken.
2. Slice all veggies then add all ingredients into a bowl.
3. Toss with your choice of dressing.
4. Top with pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes. *optional
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.