End-of-summer entertaining is made easy with this bright, fresh Lemon Asparagus Pasta recipe from our very own Samantha Hyatt, VP of Brand Partnerships. She tells us that this quick and delicious pasta is easy to whip up, making it great for family dinner or dinner parties. It’s vegetarian but can be easily adapted to fit other eating styles—for instance, sub in gluten-free alternatives for the pasta and breadcrumbs, or make it vegan by using nutritional yeast instead of parmesan (note: also be sure to check that your breadcrumbs don’t contain any animal products).
Get the recipe below.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta
Serving Size:5-7 servings
Prep Time:10 min
Cook Time:15 min
Total Time:25 min
2 bunches of asparagus
1 box of pasta
1/2 teaspoon oregano
Pinch of chili flakes
3 cloves garlic minced/grated
1/4 cup olive oil (for pasta sauce)
Handful of fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons of panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan
Zest of one lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2. Wash the asparagus and cut off the thick bottoms.
3. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the zest of one lemon and toss with your hands.
4. Halve the lemon and quarter each half. Place all over the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork.
6. Once the asparagus is placed in the oven, boil salted water for the pasta.
7. Cook the pasta until al dente (according to package directions).
8. While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl, toss together 1/4 cup olive oil, oregano, grated or minced garlic, and chili flakes.
9. Once the pasta is done, drain it but leave in a small amount of pasta water—not so much that there is water collected on the bottom of the pot, but if you were to strain it, water would still drip out.
10. Pour the olive oil mixture into the pasta and toss.
11. In another small bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and parmesan.
12. Remove asparagus from the oven and cut into 2- to 3-inch pieces. Add to the pasta.
13. Add the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture to the pasta.
14. Add a handful of fresh basil leaves and toss.
15. Devour and enjoy!
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.