POV: you watched Kylie’s sub “bae” station creation and immediately had to recreate it. Because, same. She posted most of the ingredients on her recent story, but while actually making it, we wanted to share some useful tips to help create the masterpiece in case you too are now inspired to make a sandwich.
First, the ingredients, and then we’ll get into the important steps.
Italian sub roll
Thinly sliced salami (we used 3 slices)
Thinly sliced pepperoni (we used 2 slices)
Your choice of cheese (we used 2 slices of sharp cheddar and 2 slices of provolone)
1-2 handfuls of shredded lettuce
Spoonful of mustard
Spoonful of mayo or vegan mayo
Thinly sliced onions
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F and bake the bread layered with cheese for 5-7 minutes or until crispy brown. To get the crunch on the side, tear extra cheese and place it on the edge of the bread so it melts down the side.
2. For the salad slaw, mix your choice of mayo or vegan mayo and mustard together in a bowl. Then add that mixture to shredded lettuce and toss together. Important tip: if you add the mayo and mustard separately to the lettuce and then try to mix it, the consistency won’t be even. Mix mayo and mustard first, then thoroughly toss with the shredded lettuce.
3. Once the cheesy bread is toasted, layer on your choice of meat. We followed Kylie’s combo of shredded turkey, thinly sliced salami, and pepperoni.
4. Add sliced onions and pickles for added crunch (optional, depending on your taste preference).
5. Top with the homemade salad slaw, slice, and enjoy.
Ya, that’s it, but true sandwich connoisseurs will appreciate the attention to detail and slaw method breakdown. The real verdict is still out for determination … Kylie, how’d we do?
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.