You probably saw Kylie’s recent Instagram story where she took her followers inside her kitchen as she made homemade marinara sauce and baked gooey chocolate chip cookies. While she only gave a peek at the steps to create her masterpiece dish, she didn’t share the entire sauce recipe. Naturally, we had to ask her for the full directions and ingredients so we could share with our readers. Kylie even noted that she used tomatoes and fresh basil straight from her garden.
Learn the step-by-step instructions on how to make Kylie’s homemade marinara sauce with fusilli noodles below. Enjoy it for your next pasta night, and in the morning try her famous avocado toast.
Kylie's Fusilli Recipe
Dietary Info:Vegan, Gluten-Free
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:50 mins
Total Time:1 hour
5 lbs tomatoes, quartered
1 onion, diced
2-3 carrots, diced (3 if you want your sauce on the sweeter side)
4 celery sticks, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Minced garlic to taste
1 bag of gluten-free (or your choice of) fusilli
1. Slice the tomatoes into fours, coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake at 400° F for 30 minutes.
2. Dice the onions, carrots, and celery. Add to a pot, drizzle with olive oil, and cook on the stove until soft.
3. Once soft, add more olive oil and minced garlic (don’t let the garlic brown).
4. Add cooked veggies and tomatoes to a blender and blend until smooth. Add in dried oregano, fresh basil, and salt.
5. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Cook the fusilli noodles.
7. Once the noodles are cooked, mix in the sauce.
8. Serve and top with parmesan.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.