As you’ve probably noticed from Kourt’s Instagram, she’s gone (mostly, like 95%) vegan when it comes to her diet. From keto to intermittent fasting, she’s no stranger to adjusting her meals to live a healthier lifestyle. She’s been easing into it for the past six to seven months with no meat (and the occasional butter and honey).
Since she’s leaning into a plant-based diet (which she’s also passionate about given the environmental impacts that eating less meat has on the planet), we wanted to share a peek inside her daily plate.
If you’re thinking about becoming vegan, you can make the shift in small waves if that’s easier for you. Start by replacing meat with plant-based options once a week and increase from there. Kourt admits when she first started, she couldn’t resist and had a baked crab handroll while at dinner during the first few weeks. It’s all about balance and finding how and when you’re comfortable with incorporating the changes into your lifestyle.
From breakfast and lunch at home to eating out at one of her staple restaurants, here’s what Kourt typically eats in a day, the ~vegan~ edition.
• Either her signature avocado shake or banana smoothie. *She subs vegan protein powders.
• Her famous gluten-free and vegan cinnamon toast.
• Blueberry bagel (this one is from Yeastie Boys in L.A.) smothered with peanut butter and jelly.
• Acai bowl (either one at home similar to this recipe or an option from one of her local spots).
• On treat days: Vegan chicken and waffles from Crossroads (the recipe is in their cookbook).
• Pickles and tangerines (IYKYK)
• Mindright bars (the peanut butter flavor is her favorite)
Peanut Butter Cup Bar
*Here’s our full vegan snack list.
• Zoodles (minus the turkey bacon)
• Sourdough bread with vegan butter and topped with pickles. Plus, a side of tangerines.
• Plant-based tacos
• Vegan sushi night at Nobu. She likes to order crispy rice with avocado, edamame, and an avocado roll. Here’s how you can create an intimate sushi night at home.
Shop our daily supplements collection:
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.