Whether you’re looking to slowly transition to a vegan lifestyle or are already on the V bandwagon and need some new recipe ideas, you’re in the right place. Since Kourt has adjusted her diet to be vegan-friendly, she’s crafted a handful of tasty meals and snacks to add to her daily rotation. From her famous quesadillas (that are perfect for a late-night grub session) to her drooly-worthy cinnamon toast (which is a breakfast staple in her household), read on to learn what else is on Kourt’s vegan menu.
P.S.: if you need more convincing on why you should go vegan, read this piece on how it can help save the planet and this Poosh article on the plant-based pros for your pu$$y. Take a read at your leisure, and in the meantime, bookmark the below delicious and filling vegan meals and snacks Kourt loves.
Kourt's Gluten-Free and Vegan Cinnamon Toast Recipe
Serving Size:4 slices
Prep Time:5 mins
Total Time:10 mins
4 slices of gluten-free bread (or your choice of bread)
1/4 cup salted vegan butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
Dash of salt
1. Preheat over to 350° F.
2. Add softened butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl and mix together.
3. Generously coat the mixture on both sides of the bread (cover the edges too).
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 mins.
5. During the last few minutes, turn the broiler on and broil the toast to a yummy golden brown. Let the sugar bubble (your house is going to smell like Christmas).
6. Slice and enjoy!
More breakfast favorites:
• Either her signature avocado shake or banana smoothie. *She subs vegan protein powders.
• Blueberry bagel smothered with peanut butter and jelly.
• Acai bowl (either one at home similar to this recipe or an option from one of her local spots).
• On treat days: Vegan chicken and waffles from Crossroads (the recipe is in their cookbook).
Kourt's Zoodle Lunch Recipe
Dietary Info:Vegan, Keto-Friendly, Nut-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
Total Time:15 mins
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
1 cup broccoli, shredded
1 carrot, sliced
1 avocado, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped basil
Pinch of garlic salt
1. In a heated pan, add the olive oil and garlic.
2. Add the zucchini and sauté for about five minutes. Then add the broccoli and cook for another two minutes and turn off the pan.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, mix, and serve.
Kourt’s Homemade Minestrone Soup Recipe
Dietary Info:Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serving Size:1 bowl
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:45 mins
Total Time:1 hour
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 cup chopped carrot
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 chopped tomato
1/4 cup gluten-free (or your choice of) pasta or beans
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Sauté all the ingredients together.
2. Add water to cut the recipe to desired consistency. *optional
3. Top with fresh basil.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Kourt's Quesadilla Recipe
Dietary Info:Paleo-Friendly, Can Be Vegan and Gluten-Free
Prep Time:2 mins
Cook Time:5-10 mins
Total Time:15 mins
1. Butter both sides of the tortilla and place in a pan on the stove.
2. Add vegan cheese, fold the tortilla, and then add more butter alternative to each side, continuously flipping until your desired crisp level.
3. Use a pizza slicer to cut and enjoy.
More dinner options:
• Plant-based tacos
• Vegan sushi night at Nobu. She likes to order crispy rice with avocado, edamame, and an avocado roll. Here’s how you can create an intimate sushi night at home.
Snacks and sweets:
• Pickles and tangerines (IYKYK)
• Sourdough bread with vegan butter and topped with pickles. Plus, a side of tangerines.
• Mindright bars (the peanut butter flavor is her favorite)
• Dried chile spiced mango
• Kourt got our whole team hooked on these addicting puffs. Beware though, once you open them, it’s hard not to finish the entire bag.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.