Kourt’s love of avocados is as well-documented as the superfood fruit’s health benefits. Today, we’re sharing one of our favorite recipes from Kourt: her spicy guac. It’s an easy, healthy summer dip that takes less than 10 minutes to make. Full of good fats, fiber, and in-season produce. Pair it with gluten-free tortilla chips or raw veggies, and we’ve got ourselves a snack that’s full of good fats, fiber, and in-season produce.
Kourt’s Spicy Guacamole
Recipe Type:Side Dish
Prep Time:5 min
Cook Time:3 min
Total Time:8 min
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, plus extra for garnish
1 jalapeño pepper, minced (stem and seeds removed)
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
3 avocados, ripe
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes for garnish
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeño, onion, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne.
2. Cut one avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh with a large spoon. Add to the bowl with the spices.
3. Using a fork, mash the avocado until mostly smooth.
4. Cut the remaining avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh with a large spoon. Add to the mixture, sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon of lime juice, and mash until mostly smooth and all the ingredients are evenly combined.
5. Garnish with extra chopped red onion, cilantro leaves, and chopped tomatoes if desired.
6. Serve with gluten-free tortilla chips and enjoy.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.