We’ve shared Kourt’s keto meal plan (including her updated avocado pudding recipe) and the hacks that keep her on track while she’s on the diet. Today we’re adding to the list of keto-friendly dishes she enjoys and revealing her savory chili recipe. The lunch or dinner option provides a healthy version of the comforting soup. Learn all the ingredients and step-by-step instructions below.
Kourt's Keto Chili Recipe
Recipe Type:Lunch or Dinner
Dietary Info:Keto, Organic, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Serving Size:4-6 bowls
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:25 mins
Total Time:35 mins
1 pound of organic ground turkey breast or organic grass-fed ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped organic white onions
3 finely chopped cloves of organic garlic
1/4 cup chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon all-seasoning salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can organic kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
2-3 organic tomatoes finely chopped or 1 can of organic diced tomatoes (low sodium)
1/2 cup chopped peppers, either green, red, or yellow
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup organic olive oil
*You can also add 1/4 cup green peas or 1/2 cup chopped celery
1. In a big saucepan, put 1/4 cup of olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté for one minute.
2. Add the meat, all-seasoning salt, salt, and pepper and mix thoroughly until the meat is brown or is 3/4 cooked.
3. Add the cumin, paprika, and tomatoes.
4. Mix the chili powder with 1/4 cup of water and add to the meat. Lower the heat, cover, and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the carrots, peppers, and drained beans and cover. Cook for 20-25 minutes on medium heat.
6. Taste the finished chili and add more salt or chili powder if desired. If it’s too thick, add a little water.
Non-dairy sour cream
Non-dairy cheddar cheese
Chopped organic cilantro
Organic tortillas chips or cauliflower tortillas chips (gluten-free)
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.