Kourt’s famous waffle recipe is here. We’re sharing how to replicate the simple and delicious gluten-free breakfast dish that she makes for her kids every morning (lately). Learn the step-by-step directions below.
Kourt’s Gluten-Free Waffles
Dietary Info:Gluten-free, can be dairy-free
Serving Size:3 waffles
Prep Time:5-7 mins
Cook Time:about 5 mins
Total Time:about 12 minutes
1 1/2 cups gluten-free pancake mix (almond flour) *you can get the dairy-free version but Kourt doesn’t use the DF mix
2 capfuls vanilla extract
10 shakes cinnamon
1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
One banana (browner the better)
Real maple syrup
1. Separate the egg yolk from the white. Keeping the egg white aside, add the yolk to the pancake mix, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
2. Add in whites at the end after mixing quickly to make firm.
3. Mash up one banana (browner the better) and add to the mix. (Note from Kourt: you can also try strawberries or blueberries, which I haven’t done yet because we love the banana version.)
4. Pour the mixture into a waffle press.
5. Cook until perfectly brown.
6. Top with non-dairy butter and real maple syrup.