1. Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the ground “beef” and break up into crumbles with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper, and stir.
3. Once the grounds are browned, add the water to deglaze, scraping the bottom.
4. Cook until the water is mostly evaporated and then stir in the ketchup and agave.
5. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
1. Slice the corn off of the cob.
2. Add the vegan butter to a sauté pan over medium heat.
3. Once melted, add the corn and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add agave, garlic salt, and pepper to taste.
1. Add all ingredients to a saucepot. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
2. Cook until tender, about 12-14 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Corn tortilla “crunchies”:
1. Slice the tortillas thinly into strips.
2. Fry in oil until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
3. Immediately sprinkle with Lawry’s seasoned salt (or garlic salt).
Southwest BBQ Dressing:
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend. Add more water if needed to thin to desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
Assemble your bowl:
1. Add greens on the bottom.
2. Arrange toppings over the greens—cucumbers, tomatoes, beans, plantains, avocado, cheese, sour cream, corn, bulgur, and taco “meat.”
3. Drizzle with dressing.
4. Add crunchies on top.