We love a super comfy weeknight meal that tastes like it took hours—because it did—minus the effort. We are all pulling out our slow cookers ever since Khloé shared this delicious recipe with us, and we think you’ll be inspired too.
Khloé Kardashian’s Slow Cooker Veggie Burrito Bowl
Dietary Info:Vegan, and Gluten-Free
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:5 hours
Total Time:5 hours 15 minutes
Veggie Burrito Bowl:
1 cup uncooked brown rice
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, then sliced crosswise 1/4-inch thick
1 red or orange bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
1 medium poblano pepper, seeded and diced (about 3/4 cup)
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
Lime Sour Cream:
1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt if you prefer)
1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Diced red onion, crumbled queso fresco, diced avocado, shredded red cabbage, cilantro
1. Mix all the spices and salt in a small bowl so they are fully combined.
2. Add the rice to the cooker, and pour in your blended seasonings, so that the rice can absorb all of the smoky flavors first.
3. Add the broth, but do not stir.
4. Add the tomatoes with all of their juices.
5. Layer in the sweet potatoes before the other veggies, since they are dense and take longer to cook in the liquid. Make sure they are submerged in the liquid.
6. Top with the beans, making sure they are not submerged in the liquid.
7. Lastly, layer in your zucchinis and peppers.
8. Set your cooker to low, and set the timer for 5 hours.
9. Once the timer is up, remove the lid, and stir in the corn kernels. Fresh, canned, or frozen is fine. They will thaw and warm through quickly.
10. Finish with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.