From her famous latte to yummy green tea-flavored pancakes—matcha is most definitely a key ingredient at Kourt’s house. Today, we’re adding to the list with a delicious recipe inspired by the ones you’ll nearly always find in her cookie jar. The little matcha bites make for a great dessert when you have guests over or a midday pick-me-up.
Learn the step-by-step instructions on how to make our latest matcha treat below.
Dietary Info:Vegan, Dairy-Free
Serving Size:15-20 cookies
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
Total Time:20 mins
3 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
1 3/4 cups almond flour
1/3 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
2 1/2 tablespoons almond milk (use Kourt’s homemade recipe here)
1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup vegan butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Mix butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
2. Then add all other dry ingredients together and whisk in the butter, almond milk, and maple syrup mixture.
3. Once the dough is formed, scoop preferred size (we recommend 1-1 1/2 inch balls), then roll each ball lightly in powdered sugar.
4. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 375° F for 8-10 minutes.
5. After the cookies cool, sprinkle additional powdered sugar on top and enjoy!
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.