Wine at a summer backyard party is a given, but in true Poosh fashion, we’re providing a way to #pooshtheboundaries with your vino presentation. We tapped Chef Sara (@insaraskitchen) to teach us how to make summer dragon ice cubes that are made to zhuzh up your go-to glass of wine. If you need a fresh selection of organic wine for your Fourth of July cookout, look no further. We also have step-by-step instructions on how to create an Insta-worthy charcuterie board and the recipe for a colorful summer salad. So it’s safe to say, we’re here for all your holiday hosting needs.
Keep your wine ice cold and (subtly) fruity fresh with our dragon cubes recipe below.
Summer Dragon Ice Cubes
Serving Size:12 ice cubes
Prep Time:3 min.
Total Time:8 hours
8 ounces of dragon fruit
8 ounces of yellow kiwi
1/4 cup or more raw honey
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 shots of vodka or tequila
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Wash and slice dragon fruit and kiwi.
2. In a blender, add the fruit and blend smooth.
3. Add the honey, vodka, salt, and lemon and blend again.
4. Pour the mix into an ice cube tray.
5. Freeze overnight.
6. When ready to serve, pop the cubes into a glass and add white wine or rosé. Enjoy!
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.