The one, your true soulmate. Your person is out there, we promise! Or maybe it’s us just encouraging the power of manifesting. JK, manifesting works (really), and your “one” is out there. You just have to know what you’re looking for. Ya, do some of the work yourself so you’re open and ready for that person to enter your life at your best version of you.
And we know the saying “when you know, you know” can be daunting for some, which is why we tapped Michelle Afont, relationship expert, divorce lawyer, and multi-published author whose most recent work is The Dang Factor, to share some professional advice on how to know when your person is the one.
Editor’s note: Although this article uses male pronouns, the advice applies to all sexual orientations and gender identities.
“Knowing if he is ‘the one’ can be simple. Most of us have had the proverbial dates from hell, so when we actually meet ‘the one,’ it just feels different. When you meet your true match, life is fairly easy. There is a trust and a comfort between you that just flows. You ‘get’ each other. By now, you’ve seen the best and worst of each other and you actually still love (and like) each other.
You know he is the one when:
1. You feel his unwavering commitment to you and your relationship.
2. You both share the same life visions, interests, and values.
3. You are a priority in his life.
4. You are in sync with marriage and children.
5. You are sexually compatible.
6. He puts equal effort into the relationship.
7. The love and adoration is mutual and reciprocal.
8. You are recognized as his significant other on social media.
9. Things just feel right.
10. Your heart is full.”
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.