You know the scenario: you’re on the couch or relaxing in bed, and you can feel the sexual tension rising with your partner. Cue the foreplay action. The seductive look you give each other—whether it’s a sly side-eye and subtle smirk or a gentle graze up the leg with your toes, we all have go-to moves that come naturally to us when we’re with someone we’re attracted to.
Since we’re all about pooshing the boundaries, today’s hot and steamy read is here to provide new ways to step up your foreplay game (if you so desire). We’re not saying ditch your go-to moves—use them, they work. Instead, we’re providing ideas to sprinkle into your sex life to give your partner a little surprise under the sheets.
Read on for our foreplay tips that are sure to make you drip.
• Take it slow; there’s no need to rush through foreplay motions. Make it last and tease each other. Similar to edging during penetration, stretch out the experience and resist the urge to reach an orgasm (or two) right away.
• Enjoy a long makeout session while your clothes are still on. See how long you can last before ripping each other’s pants off. Grind and grab while your mouths are locked together.
• This one is classic, but it doesn’t always get the attention it deserves because life can be exhausting, and no shame, but we can get lazy in the bedroom sometimes. So take the time for simple body scratches or a shoulder rub. Use soft strokes to slowly inch up your partner’s leg, and once you get close to the goods, stop and look them in the eyes and end with a light kiss.
• Straddle your partner and wrap your arms around them so your chest is right in their face and let them lick your upper body up and down.
• Talk it out. While you’re nakey in bed facing each other in a cute cuddle position, describe everything you want to do to your partner. Like “I can’t wait until you’re deep in me.” Or “I want to pin you up against the wall and slide in you from behind.” Get as graphic as you want, and while you’re sharing what you want to do, inch closer and closer (while you pause for mini makeout sessions) until you can’t take it anymore. Then, of course, get after everything you just discussed.
• We already outlined creative ways to use your tongue during foreplay, but here’s a refresher in case you missed it.
• If you’re into things on the rough side, try biting each other right around the hip area. Add a few licks while you’re biting to keep it sexy. Repeat: only do this if you and your partner are both comfortable with it. Seeing subtle bite marks on your body the next day can really turn some people on (guilty!). Every time you look at it, you won’t be able to stop thinking about your wild night, and it’ll make you crave more.
• Take your partner’s finger and have them play with your lower lip while you arch your back and pull their waist up against your body until they are right on top of you.
• Lingerie, candles, and even wearing an intriguing new scent are always classic ways to set the mood and enhance foreplay for the evening.
The content provided in this article is provided for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice and consultation, including professional medical advice and consultation; it is provided with the understanding that Poosh, LLC (“Poosh”) is not engaged in the provision or rendering of medical advice or services. You understand and agree that Poosh shall not be liable for any claim, loss, or damage arising out of the use of, or reliance upon any content or information in the article.
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.