It’s no secret matcha is our bevvy of choice. While we love a classic and creamy matcha latte, sometimes the summer heat has us reaching for something crisp and sparkling. Cue this heavenly little elixir. It’s oh-so refreshing, has a citrusy bite, and it feels like you’re having a cocktail first thing in the AM—all that’s missing is a silk robe. Now that’s what we call living life. Switch up your regular matcha routine with the recipe below:
Long Silk Robe
Elevate any morning ritual in this ultimate-glam, dreamy silk robe.
Grapefruit Matcha Tonic
Dietary Info:Gluten Free, Vegan
1 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice (about 2-3 pink grapefruits, juiced)
1/2 cup honey
½ cup tonic water or more, to your preference
1 teaspoon ceremonial grade matcha
¼ cup water, room temperature or cool
Grapefruit slices (optional)
Ice, as needed
1. For the syrup, combine the fresh pink grapefruit juice and honey in a saucepan and heat gently until the honey is dissolved.
2. Transfer the grapefruit syrup into a jar. Refrigerate until cool.
3. Fill a glass up with ice and add 3 tablespoons of your cooled homemade grapefruit syrup. Add your tonic water.
4. In a small bowl or matcha bowl, add the matcha powder. Add half of the water and mix well with a matcha whisk. Add the remaining water and whisk well.
5. Pour the matcha into the glass over the tonic water. Garnish with mint and grapefruit slices, if desired.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.