Nothing gives me more holiday feelings than when I’m snuggled up by a fire with a warm cup of cider and some gingersnap cookies. If you’re like me, I love the warmth and coziness of this time of year. It’s time to be indoors with family and to be in the kitchen with our children sharing some special moments together. This recipe is sure to get all those fuzzy feelings flowing! So put on your holiday music, bring out your mixer, and have some hands-on fun! I can guarantee this recipe will become a yearly tradition.
Get the recipe below.
Gluten Free Gingersnap Cookies
Dietary Info:Gluten Free
Serving Size:3 Dozen Cookies
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:12 Minutes
Total Time:27 Minutes
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup gluten-free baking flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup ginger nibs, chopped
¼ cup sugar for cookie topping
1. Cream your butter with your sugars in a standalone mixer or hand-held mixer.
2. Add your molasses, egg, and vanilla into the mixer.
3. Add all your dry ingredients into the mixer on the lowest setting.
4. Once all blended, cover your bowl and place in the fridge for 45 minutes.
5. Preheat your oven to 350° F.
6. Take the cookie-topping sugar and sprinkle it onto a plate.
7. Roll your cookie dough into one-inch balls, dip one end of each into the plated sugar, and place them onto your parchment-lined cookie sheet.
8. Place each cookie two inches apart until you have filled your sheets.
9. Bake until golden brown, approximately 10-12 minutes.
10. Once cooled, enjoy them by a warm fire with loved ones! Happy holidays!
Pressed for time? Gluten not an issue? Try these yummy pre-made cookie kits so you can decorate with the kids at home.
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.