So you’re all ready to go, outfit on, makeup set, hair done … and then you think, if I only had a quick glow on my legs or arms. It’s too late for a quick self-tanner application, so what to do? DIY tinted body moisturizer to the rescue.
All you need is three ingredients to create this day-saving hack (and we’ll put a pretty stash of cash on the fact that you probably already own the items). It’s incredibly easy, but trust us, once you make it you’ll use it all the time for when you’re feeling slightly paler than usual. Read on to learn how to make our DIY tinted body moisturizer.
What you’ll need:
Drugstore foundation (a few shades darker than your skin)
Liquid luminizer *optional
How to apply:
1. Mix your preferred foundation color with a hydrating body lotion. Avoid a moisturizer that’s super oily so the color doesn’t slide right off (save those for your sacred self-care nights).
2. Blend the two together in a mason jar (so you can store it and use it for another night too).
3. Add a few drops of a liquid luminizer and mix the ingredients again. *This step is optional, but we love a subtle glitz golden moment.
4. Apply the homemade tinted moisturizer with your hands on the desired areas (legs, arms, shoulders, chest, etc.).
5. Let it dry and you’re sun-kissed and set in seconds.
6. Save and store the homemade tinted moisturizer.
Pro tip: when you get home, do a quick body shower so the makeup doesn’t get on your sheets.
Shop our bath and body collection:
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.