Hold the line … did someone call for an all-natural sleepy-time tea recipe just in time for daylight savings? We did, and it’s a simple banana tincture. Bananas are rich in vitamin B6, which supports melatonin production and can help regulate better sleep cycles. The DIY concoction is also loaded with potassium, which is great for overall nerve and muscle health. Relaxing mind and body benefits all while lending a natural sleep aid? Count us in.
We’ve already shared the best foods to eat for a blissful night’s rest and hacks to fall asleep faster, and now you can add today’s recipe to your bedtime routine. See the step-by-step instructions below for how to make Poosh’s Banana Sleepy-Time Tea. Lights out and slip (err shall we say sip) away into dreamland.
Poosh's Banana Sleepy-Time Tea
Dietary Info:Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Serving Size:1 cup
Prep Time:1 minute
Cook Time:15 minutes
Total Time:16 minutes
1 banana peel
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon honey
1. After washing the whole, unpeeled banana, cut off both ends.
2. Peel the banana and place the banana peel into a medium- to large-sized saucepan.
3. Pour the water over the banana peel and bring to a boil.
4. After the water has boiled, set a 15-minute timer.
5. Remove the banana peel from the water.
6. Pour your banana tea into a cup and sweeten it with honey.
7. Sip and enjoy your rest!
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.