There’s literally a hack for everything … you just have to know where to look for the savvy tips. And today we’re leaning on our readers. We recently shared some of our favorite kitchen hacks, and after we posted it, Kourt gave us the idea to poll our community to see what hacks they swear by in the kitchen. So Pooshies, thanks for pulling the weight and submitting your time-saving and (food-saving) insights.
Make the most of your time in the kitchen with these interesting ways to prepare, store, and reuse fruit, veggies, and more. And if you have a hack you think we should know about, be sure to slide in our DMs or drop a comment in today’s post on Instagram.
1. Refrigerate avocados in water sealed in a glass jar to stop the ripening process. – @tracicostao722
2. Use orange peels as a toner. – @stalksoloman
3. Keep citrus fruits away from bananas to avoid spotting. – @birdlady30
4. Keep a wet paper towel near onions when you’re cutting to avoid watery eyes. – @lululueyluce
5. Put leftover coffee into ice cube trays and use those for iced coffee. – @viveica
6. Use sugar cubes to clean burned pots. – @annaelelel
7. Store peeled carrots in a sealed glass jar with water and they will last longer. – @madelyngoce
8. Keep grated ginger in a glass container in the fridge and add it to sparkling water. – @valentinad717
9. Shred chicken (for kids) with a hand mixer to save time. – @sassclassconfidence
Up next, be the first to know our weekly content and sign up for our Poosh newsletter.