Has the extra time spent at home given you the urge to redecorate your living space? Same. Since we’re still in quarantine and fully revamping a room is out of the question (and not the most responsible financial choice given the economy), we’re sharing creative ways to freshen your house or apartment using items you already own. The interior focus? Your coffee table. You’ve most likely stared at it for weeks at this point, and even the smallest decor tweaks can add a fresh feel to the room. Find out our tips on how to style a coffee table using trinkets from around the house.
• Rearrange the books on your table—you can even keep an interesting one open to change up the look. Kourt just did this in her home and switched the order of her coffee table reads.
• Place a chic bowl as the centerpiece and put things like nuts or fruit in it.
• Take an old candle jar and store matches in it. Here’s how to properly clean wax out of the tumbler:
1) Using a butter knife, break up any large chunks of wax.
2) Place the candle jar in the freezer overnight.
3) The next morning the wax should easily pop out. Scrape remaining residue with a butter knife or spoon plus soap and water.
• Use a mirror as a tray to add a bit of interest.
• Put an elegant board game out like backgammon or a pretty deck of cards.
• Mix and match trinkets from your bookshelf to liven your space.
• Display a selection of candlesticks that would typically go on your dining room table. Use a variety of heights to create an eye-catching scene.
• Add a pop of color to your setup with bright books or even a statement candle.