Today we’re sharing a Kardashian family recipe that’s a staple at holidays and major get-togethers. “My aunt Helen, Kourtney’s grandma, and my mom made these Armenian cheese borags for all our family events when we were young,” Cici Bussey (Kourt’s cousin) shared with Poosh. “We grew up eating cheese borags and have carried on the family tradition by doing the same. It’s one of our favorite foods!” Read on for the step-by-step instructions on how to make the to-die-for cheese borags.
Cici's Cheese Borags
Recipe Type:Side dish
Serving Size:1 1/2 - 2 dozen
Prep Time:15-20 min.
Cook Time:15 min.
Total Time:30-35 min.
1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 bunch parsley
One package phyllo dough, thawed
Two sticks butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Put the phyllo dough in between two damp cheesecloths to keep it soft whenever you’re not handling it.
2. Grate the cheese and put it in a large bowl.
3. Chop the parsley and add it to the cheese.
4. Beat the eggs and add them to the cheese and parsley. Stir to combine.
5. Cut the dough in half lengthwise.
6. Melt the butter. With a pastry brush, brush butter all over a phyllo dough sheet.
7. Put about one scoop of the cheese mixture on the bottom of the dough sheet, about an inch from the bottom.
8. Fold the bottom up and sides of the dough over the cheese in a flag-style fold. Repeat for each borag.
9. Put the folded cheese borags on a greased cookie sheet about two inches apart.
10. Brush each top with melted butter.
11. Bake at 350° F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Serve warm and enjoy!
Show us how you recreate (or modify) this delicious recipe and use hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be featured on our social.