With fall right around the corner, it’s time to swap your summery sweets for something a bit more seasonal. Enter Chef Sara’s gluten-free carrot cake bites. The delicious treat makes for an impressive dessert for your guests or a filling breakfast eat that you can just grab and devour on the go. It’s made with dairy-free ingredients, so even your pickiest eaters will enjoy this tasty snack. Read on for the step-by-step instructions on how to make the yummy bites that make for a great fall recipe.
Carrot Cake Bites
Dietary Info:Gluten-free, dairy-free
Serving Size:10-12 servings
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:45 minutes
Total Time:1.5 hours
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup oats
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 cups shredded carrots
Choice of dairy-free frosting
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and coconut oil.
3) Mix in the eggs one at time.
4) While still mixing, add the vanilla extract, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, and pumpkin puree.
5) In a food processor, grind the oats.
6) Combine all the dry ingredients. Alternate adding the carrots and the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl while combining well.
7) Spray a baking pan with baking spray and add the mix. Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes. Let cool, frost, and cut into bite-size squares.
Be sure to share your photos on Instagram using the hashtag #pooshpalate for a chance to be re-grammed on our social.
Wife & Mother, Celebrity Chef, Recipe Developer, Baker, Food Blogger, Hell’s Kitchen Contestant & Winner Sara Motamedi is fun, creative, and has a larger-than-life personality that is matched only by her amazing skill in the kitchen…making mouth-watering, gourmet style recipes that fit every taste and every budget. Learn more about Sara @insaraskitchen, insidesaraskitchen.com, and In Sara’s Kitchen on YouTube.