– 3/4 cup cashews
– 1 cup vegetable stock
– 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
– 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, add more until desired flavor
– 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
1. Blend the cashews into a powder consistency, about 30 seconds. Make sure that you do not over-blend and it becomes a butter.
2. Add all ingredients except the garlic to a food processor and blend until smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
3. Strain the sauce into a bowl, using a sieve (optional).
4. Sauté the minced garlic in a small pan using vegetable stock. Add Himalayan pink salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add Alfredo sauce to the pan on medium heat and stir until desired consistency. The longer it heats up, the thicker it will become.
6. Add your pasta, serve, and enjoy!
Stores in fridge for 3-4 days.
For a nut-free Alfredo sauce:
– 1 package organic, extra-firm tofu
– 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/2 cup vegetable stock
– 1/3 cup your choice milk
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– Salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
– Optional: add cayenne pepper for a little kick
1. Add all ingredients to blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Adjust spices to desired taste.